Saturday, February 27, 2010

One down, one to go

Male downy woodpecker

I knew going into this weekend that I'd get to have two totally new experiences. Mom & Dad got me a 70-300mm Nikkor telephoto lens for my D80, and I'd get to try out my large format film camera.

We got here in TN just after midnight, so when Dad pulled out the large format to explain everything, I was half asleep. The telephoto hadn't come in yet. I slept in until about 10 the next morning, and tried out the telephoto once it arrived in the mail. The picture above was taken with it. It's not super great because I was so eager to try it out I didn't use my tripod, but I think it's a really good start.

We were busy all day today so I didn't get to try the large format. We're heading back to SC late tomorrow, so I'll get to try it sometime tomorrow morning.

In the meantime, I'm setting up my account with RedBubble. I think I'm going to move from Imagekind to that, but it's going to take a while.

I'll keep you posted...

0 comments:

Post a Comment