Thursday, March 25, 2010

Gnocchi and chard

We had a meal the other night that allowed me to try another vegetable! We had gnocchi with chard, pinto beans, tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese.

To me, chard had a slightly sweeter taste than spinach, but that was white chard. I'm not sure if red or Swiss chard would have a different flavor.

The recipe called for canned diced tomatoes, but we used fresh and it tasted fantastic. I honestly think using canned tomatoes would be too juicy. With this we had spinach salad (really just spinach) drizzled with olive oil, and topped with vegan Parmesan cheese topping.

We accompanied this with some of Ian's Double Dog Dare Cabernet sauvignon, which admittedly isn't the best pairing, but we're not sommeliers here.  (And why is it that in this paragraph alone I've had to add three words to the dictionary and let it automatically capitalize two. C'mon spell check! Get your act together!)

 Anyway, the dish and the company were fab and I can't wait to have them both again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment